Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Our cookies do not collect any data that could be used to personally identify you. What we will do is use encrypted information gathered from the cookies to improve your online experience with AutopartsUK.
Some of the cookies we use will expire after you close the browser window. These are called session cookies. Some cookies last longer than this, because they are used to identify return visits to the AutopartsUK website. Please note that cookies do not harm your computer or any software you may have.
AutopartsUK recommends that you accept the setting of cookies, as we use them to:
- Customise elements of our website’s layout and content, and test different designs of our website to improve your experience.
- Recognise when a user has visited before, meaning we can see how many unique visits we receive. We can then make sure the website is easy to use and have enough capacity.
- Remember your preferences and settings, such as text size and language.
- Recognise your device so you don't have to provide the same information during your visit, or on subsequent visits.
- Help us identify errors and resolve them effectively.
- Establish what information is relevant to you while you are browsing our website.
- Collect statistical, anonymous information about how our visitors use/interact with our digital services so we can improve them.
- Learn which parts of our website are most popular and improve them.
- See how effective our online messages are.
However, you can choose to decline cookies by changing your browser settings.
- Session cookies are deleted when you leave our website. They help keep track of your progress so you don't have to enter the same information more than once.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after your browsing session has ended. They will remember settings, preferences and details for the next time you use the website.
- First party cookies are set by the website owner, i.e. AutopartsUK.
- Third party cookies are set by other parties, such as Google and Twitter.
- Necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website.
- Performance or analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, for example, remember your preferences. (for example, your postcode in Find a Dealer search).