AutopartsUK takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously, and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998.
- visit any of our websites or portals (the "Website");
- otherwise contact us.
This policy is effective from March 2014.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you through the use of forms on the Website, such as when you login to access our Services, sign up to receive our newsletters, register for information, or make a purchase.
We also collect personal information from you when you communicate with us for any reason, including by email, postal mail or telephone, and when you use our Services.
We may record and store the telephone conversations you have with any of our offices for the purposes of quality control, staff training, and/or to prevent or detect crime. By providing your personal information, you enable us to provide you with the Services you select.
Use Of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our Services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you request from us;
- To administer the account you create on the Website;
- To respond to your correspondence, so that we can reply to your enquiries and requests in an efficient and effective manner;
- To provide information on other products and Services from AutopartsUK that we feel may be of interest to you, in accordance with your communications preferences;
- To meet our contractual commitments to you;
- To notify you about any changes to the Website or our Services, such as improvements or changes that may affect either;
- As necessary to prevent or detect crime.
- Where your telephone conversations with us have been recorded, these recordings will be retained for a maximum of 30 days and only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
If you do not want us to use your data for any marketing purposes, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us.
Storing Your Personal Data
The personal information you provide to us is stored within secure servers.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet (including email) is not completely secure and therefore, although we endeavour to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our sites and portals, you are responsible for keeping these passwords confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any company within our corporate group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Any third party we contract to act on our behalf;
- Partners with whom we work to provide Services;
- Any third party that purchases all or substantially all of our assets and business; and to
- Any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on the Website or within documentation we provide. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies, which you should review.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever, as we have no control over them.
The Website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the Website or our Services) using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in us, the Website and our Services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly available, including through Internet search engines.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information may involve the transmission of personal information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal information in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
Access To Information
Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us. If you have an account on the Website, you may also access and update your personal information by logging in to your account.
By using our Website, or agreeing to do business with us, you consent to the collection and use of information as outlined in the above documentation.